Carbon Monoxide..the silent killer..

Carbon monoxide is known as a silent killer because you can’t hear, see or smell it – but you can prevent poisoning and learn how to recognise the early warning signs.

Common sources of carbon monoxide in the home include faulty central heating systems, gas appliances and fires. Blocked flues and chimneys mean the gas can’t escape and is inhaled by the unsuspecting individual.
 

How is it prevented?

Carbon monoxide poisoning is preventable, so it’s important to be aware of possible causes and how to minimise the risk of exposure by putting these safety tips into practice:

  • Have chimneys and flues checked regularly
  • Make sure gas appliances and heating systems are inspected every year
  • Fit carbon monoxide alarms – available from MAC Services
  • Never run cars, motorbikes or lawnmowers in a closed garage

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s